Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
For those without the time or ingredients from scratch. I prefer to use this as a marinade and broil with tofu strips, so this is how it's listed here. This results in a very nice, crispy exterior and juicy, BBQ-y interior, since the vinegar added to the sauce helps it soak in quickly.
- 6 tablespoons prepared spicy bbq sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 small onion, diced
- 8 ounces lite firm tofu, pressed and frozen
- Defrost the tofu.
- Mix the sauce ingredients*.
- Marinate tofu cuts in sauce for 20-40 minutes.
- Place on tinfoil-covered baking sheet under broiler for 10-15 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot with traditional southern sides.
- *My current favorite prepared sauce to use as the basis here is Stubb's Hot BBQ sauce, but I'm still experimenting.