Once I tried this micro version of making my lemon pie filling I never went back to the old stove top method. Fast, clean and no one can tell the difference.
- In microwavable bowl add sugar minus 6 Tablespoons for meringue, cornstarch, salt, water.
- Stir and micro on high for 5 minutes till transparent stirring once.
- Temper egg yolks by mixing a bit of hot mixture with them.
- Add lemon juice and rind.
- Add to hot mixture and stir.
- Cook 3 minutes on 70% power.
- Add butter and pour into pie crust.
- In food processor beat 3 egg whites with 6 Tablespoons of sugar adding gradually.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and bake at 350°F until golden.