Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found this recipe in Taste of Home and adjusted it to my family's tastes. Colorful soup quickly made from items usually found in your pantry. Fast fix for unexpected guests! Open cans, heat and eat! Spicy and yummy!
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel, diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- crushed tortilla chips (optional)
- Combine Rotel, corn and beans in saucepan and heat through.
- Garnish servings with cheese and sour cream if desired.
I was very unsure about this, but thought I would give it a try. It was amazing! I used the Rotel with cilantro, and I loved it. I sent some to my bf's work today for a coworker that I always send food for, and have already passed on the recipe to 3 friends! Thanks for the quick and great recipe, I will be making this a lot! Also, forgot to mention, I didn't drain the corn or beans, just threw it all in, juice and all.
Very tasty, I added 2 cans rotel and 1 can beans, plus 1/2 tsp each of cumin and oregano for more flavor.
Should have read the recent reviews before making instead of just looking at the number of stars. If I had read the reviews, I would have known that most of the people who gave it a high rating altered the recipe. I made it following the original recipe and we were disappointed with the result. It really didn't have enough liquid to be considered a soup. It was ok, but kind of bland. More like a starting point for a great recipe than a delicious recipe all on it's own.