Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found this recipe in Taste of Home and adjusted it to my family's tastes. Colorful soup quickly made from items usually found in your pantry. Fast fix for unexpected guests! Open cans, heat and eat! Spicy and yummy!
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel, diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- crushed tortilla chips (optional)
- Combine Rotel, corn and beans in saucepan and heat through.
- Garnish servings with cheese and sour cream if desired.
I was very unsure about this, but thought I would give it a try. It was amazing! I used the Rotel with cilantro, and I loved it. I sent some to my bf's work today for a coworker that I always send food for, and have already passed on the recipe to 3 friends! Thanks for the quick and great recipe, I will be making this a lot! Also, forgot to mention, I didn't drain the corn or beans, just threw it all in, juice and all.
Very tasty, I added 2 cans rotel and 1 can beans, plus 1/2 tsp each of cumin and oregano for more flavor.
This is very similar to my taco soup recipe...but I didn't have any taco seasoning packets so I tried this. I took some other suggestions and added black olives. I added 3 cans of tomatoes (w/chipolte; garlic; stewed) only 1 can of kidney beans so added 1 garbanzo beans (sad cuz I love black beans...which is why I was out) and then seasonings that I could find (garlic, cumin, etc). Had some meat to be used up so made some meatballs and threw in. It was the hit of the after sledding soup party! Thanks for posting.