photo by Derf2440
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2⁄3 cup red onion, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup fresh whole kernel corn or 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Coat a large (oven usable) skillet with no-stick spray.
- Add the butter and melt over medium heat.
- Add the onions and red peppers; cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Add the corn and jalapeño peppers; cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat together the eggs, egg whites, cilantro, salt and black pepper.
- Add to the pan and swirl to evenly distribute the mixture.
- Cook for 5 minutes, gently lifting the egg mixture from the sides of the pan with a spatula as it becomes set.
- Cook until the eggs are set on the bottom but still moist on the top.
- Remove from the heat.
- Broil for 1 minute, or until the top is golden.
- Use a spatula to loosen the frittata from the skillet and slide it onto a serving plate.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Always looking for new ways to liven up my eggbeaters but until now never considered corn. I ommitted the butter and cooked the vegetables with a bit of olive oil. Replaced the eggs with eggbeaters as well. The results were delicious. Served with grated cheddar cheese on the side for those inclined.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Las Vegas. I was lucky enough to run into Recipezaar around Nov. 2000 and got hooked quickly. I am a cookbook collector and have been collecting recipes for as long as I can remember. My DH had to build in shelves for all my cookbooks! I like to dabble with OAMC and for a few years hosted the Budget/OAMC forum with some great people over there. Even though I don't work in the forum any longer I've set up a lot of cookbooks for the purpose of OAMC and stretching food that might be helpful. Please feel free to check them out! I go on food jags and cooking jags! Please come say hi to me and chat on facebook. I currently host a blog for saving money through finding deals and coupons if you are interested. Most of the time I try to cook and have a good dinner on the table but I'll be honest enough to say there is still fast food occasionally in the budget! I have had such wonderful support here whenever I need it. Thank you all for being here! Just a quick note on how I rate recipes: ? 5 stars - This recipe is perfect. (My DH is truly a critic and doesn't give 5's unless it's amazing) I would recommend it to others and would definitely make again. ? 4 stars - This recipe was good but I would change something in it next time. ? 3 stars - This is a recipe I would not make again but it was OK ? 2 stars - This recipe I would not make again and we didn't like it at all ? 1 star - This recipes did not work out/taste was unappealing and wouldn't make again