Prep1 hr 5 mins
these make the best puffy sugar cookies that just begs for lots of frosting..my favorite kind of cookie..this recipe came from a friend who is not retired from work..I was lucky enough to get this recipe into one of the Gooseberry Patch cookbooks...
- combine wet ingredients and blend well.1-2 minutes.
- sift dry ingredients together and combine with wet ingredients. Mix well.
- chill dough at least 1 hour for ease in rolling out.
- roll out on thoroughly floured surface -- to a little less than 1/2" thick.(if you like a thicker cookie).
- cut out with desired cutters, brush off excess flour. gently --.
- bake at 350* for 12 minutes.
- cool on sheets 5 minutes. Then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- frost with your favorite icing.
I had a hard time with these. There wasn't enough wet ingredients to mix in with the dry. I ended up using about 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup of milk to get the ingredients to come together. After the dough had chilled, it worked fairly well. Right before I rolled it out, I added a handful of icing sugar. I was worried that the flour flavour would overpower the sweetness. My fiance liked the final result (without icing). His only complaint was that I didn't roll them out thin enough. I liked the thicker ones myself.