Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very festive and oh-so-easy to bring to the table! Let the kids work alongside and it's even MORE fun (they love working the apple-corer-peeler-slicer). Cooking time includes straining/milling. Thanks to Gooseberry Patch for a great recipe that's sure to be handed down to the next generation!
- 4 lbs apples (8-9 med or large)
- 3 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water or 1 1⁄2 cups apple juice
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- cinnamon (to garnish)
- We like to run the apples through the ol' Pampered Chef apple corer, peeler, slicer--lickety split -- but you can also do it the old-fashioned way and core them by hand--in which case, quarter them into wedges.
- Add apples, cranberries, water and sugar to a large saucepan.
- Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes (apples will break into pieces when stirred).
- Cool, then if you used UNPEELED apples, press through a Foley mill or sieve. If you peeled the apples, all you have to do is STIR!
- Sprinkle with a dusting of cinnamon and serve.
Made this for end-of-year holidays. Very easy to make and oh, so, yummy! My 88 yr. old mother absolutely LOVES it!! If it's good enough for her, it's good enough for all of us!!. Babalousue