Recipe by Queen Dragon Mom
With a smokey taste and crispy skin, it's a great dish with rice. I made this up, pretty much out of thin air, because I wanted to do something different with chicken. I was hoping there would be some leftovers. Nope. At least the crew liked it. ;)
- 1 roasting chickens, cut up or 1 use whole chicken
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons mirin
- 3 teaspoons ginger, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons hot chili oil
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cherry chips
- 2 teaspoons turbinado sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat chicken with sesame oil. Set aside.
- Mix next 6 ingredients in a ziploc bag, add chicken. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Put wood chips in bottom pan of smoker.
- Remove meat from marinade, place on rack in smoker. Let sit for 30 minutes to dry. Cover and smoke according to manufacturer's recommendations.
- While meat is cooking, put all marinade ingredients in a saucepan, add the brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil and reduce by 1/4 for saucing or 1/2 to baste.