Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
This recipe is from Reynolds Kitchens.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cut in strips
- 8 green onions, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 450*.
- Tear off 4 (12 X 18) inches sheets of aluminum foil. Use nonstick foil or spray foil sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine spices.
- Center 1 breast half on each sheet of foil.
- Sprinkle and rub spices over chicken, turning chicken to coat evenly.
- Top chicken with pepper strips. Drizzle with apricot preserves and orange juice.
- Bring up sides of foil. Double fold top and ends, leaving room for heat circulation inside.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes on cookie sheet.
This was easy to prepare and made a beautiful presentation, and the dish was good, however we felt the chicken was missing something. Maybe some salt, garlic, and/or ginger...I'm not sure. But the chicken needed some more kick, in our opinion. Served with rice.