Recipe by UmmIbrahim
These appetizers melt in your mouth! Recipe comes from Madhur Jaffery, One of my favorites
- 6 sheets phyllo pastry
- 1⁄4 lb feta cheese
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed finely minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced scallions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash feta cheese with the back of a fork, mince the eggs.
- Mix together cheese, eggs, parsley, scallion, dill and black pepper. Test for salt and add to taste.
- butter a baking try and heat the oven to 350.
- Remove one sheet of pastry and cover the rest (try to work fast).
- Cut the sheet lengthwise into 4 strips, each 3 inches wide. Fold up three of the strips and put them under the covers.
- Spread the remaining strip in front of you on the work surface and brush with butter, put 1 heaping teaspoon of stuffing kitty corner from the lefthand top corner (in such a way that you can take the top corner and fold it so that the corner will touch the bottom edge, forming a triangle. The stuffing should be in the triangle).
- Fold the corner over the stuffing and continue folding, forming triangles as you until you reach the end. You should end up with a many layered triangle.
- Place seam side down on the buttered baking tray.
- brush the tops with butter.
- Bake 35 min or until golden brown.
- Eat and enjoy!