These appetizers melt in your mouth! Recipe comes from Madhur Jaffery, One of my favorites
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mash feta cheese with the back of a fork, mince the eggs.
- 2Mix together cheese, eggs, parsley, scallion, dill and black pepper. Test for salt and add to taste.
- 3butter a baking try and heat the oven to 350.
- 4Remove one sheet of pastry and cover the rest (try to work fast).
- 5Cut the sheet lengthwise into 4 strips, each 3 inches wide. Fold up three of the strips and put them under the covers.
- 6Spread the remaining strip in front of you on the work surface and brush with butter, put 1 heaping teaspoon of stuffing kitty corner from the lefthand top corner (in such a way that you can take the top corner and fold it so that the corner will touch the bottom edge, forming a triangle. The stuffing should be in the triangle).
- 7Fold the corner over the stuffing and continue folding, forming triangles as you until you reach the end. You should end up with a many layered triangle.
- 8Place seam side down on the buttered baking tray.
- 9brush the tops with butter.
- 10Bake 35 min or until golden brown.
- 11Eat and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Southwest Asia (middle East) Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Southwest Asia (middle East) Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fantastic Filo Pastries
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.8
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 128.2 mg
- Sodium 436.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 6.4 g