Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This might be called something else by others but this is what my grandma called this. These weren't served at just any meal...these were for the "fancy meals". This is scaled down to 4 servings.
- 1 (2 ounce) can mushroom pieces
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas
- 2⁄3 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Drain off liquid from the mushrooms and add water to equal 1/4 Celsius.
- Cook onions and mushrooms in margarine until onions are golden.
- Add peas, celery, salt and liquid.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes until celery is tender.
These are good! The celery lends a different flavor and a slight crunch to the peas. I love the onion and seasoning that the butter and salt give them. I also added pepper. Thanks!