This recipe can either be made with your favorite macaroni shape pasta or you can use for a tasty pototo salad. I got this recipe from the Southern Magazine years ago when I first started cooking. I just changed the elbow macaroni to the ditalini (small tube shape) macaroni and added dill relish.
- 1 cup ditalini, cooked and drained (pasta- small tube macaroni) or 2 cups potatoes, diced, cooked and drained
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green peppers or 1⁄4 cup red pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon dill relish
- 2 teaspoons dill weed or 2 teaspoons dill seeds
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Cook macaroni according to pkg. or potatoes. Drain well.
- Combine in large bowl, cooked macaroni (or potatoes),bacon crumbles, celery, onion, green or red peppers, and dill relish.
- Add dill weed or dill seeds and stir well.
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, ketchup, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper and sugar. Stir well.
- Pour dressing over macaroni salad or potatoes and stir to combine.
- Chill 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving.
- Note: Using macaroni, this will last a week in the refrigerator. Also this has the best flavor a day are two after making.
- You may also serve warm but its best chilled.