1/5 Photos of Famous New Zealand Bacon & Egg Pie
Perfect Pixie's Note:
This is my mum's, so the BEST pie ever! It is fantastic served with ketchup and in my opinion is probably better cold. Great for picnics.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1leave the pastry out for 20 minutes at least to stop it from tearing when using.
- 2Cut the rinds of the bacon and chop bacon.
- 3Whisk eggs putting one yolk to the side.
- 4Whisk in the milk or cream.
- 5Chop onion.
- 6Lay one sheet of pastry in a casserole dish and make sure it comes just over the sides of the dish.
- 7Prick the base with a fork.
- 8Sprinkle the onion all over the base.
- 9Chop the parsley (one whole packet).
- 10Mix the parsley and bacon in with the egg mixture.
- 11Pour into the dish.
- 12Cover with other sheet of pastry and crimp together and cut of any excess pastry.
- 13Decorate the top if you want.
- 14Cook for 25 minutes and check its not burning.
- 15If so, place some tin foil over and place back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes until cooked.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Famous New Zealand Bacon & Egg Pie
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 599.3
- Calories from Fat 369
- Total Fat 41.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 257.2 mg
- Sodium 485.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 17.6 g