This is my mum's, so the BEST pie ever! It is fantastic served with ketchup and in my opinion is probably better cold. Great for picnics.
- leave the pastry out for 20 minutes at least to stop it from tearing when using.
- Cut the rinds of the bacon and chop bacon.
- Whisk eggs putting one yolk to the side.
- Whisk in the milk or cream.
- Chop onion.
- Lay one sheet of pastry in a casserole dish and make sure it comes just over the sides of the dish.
- Prick the base with a fork.
- Sprinkle the onion all over the base.
- Chop the parsley (one whole packet).
- Mix the parsley and bacon in with the egg mixture.
- Pour into the dish.
- Cover with other sheet of pastry and crimp together and cut of any excess pastry.
- Decorate the top if you want.
- Cook for 25 minutes and check its not burning.
- If so, place some tin foil over and place back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes until cooked.
Tried this last night and it went off brillently. Also had the left overs for lunch today and it was just as great. I recommend this recipe and have saved it to my cookbook online. lol/ Thanks P
I have been making this for years, I like to top mine with cheese. Delicious and fabulous. I
This was a good recipe I doubled it and made mini egg and bacon pies with some of the mixture the kids don't like a large pie but somehow mini ones are great. Can't see the difference but they ate them and thats all that matters.