1/5 Photos of Family Spoon Bread
I absolutely loved this as a child and still do! Very easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 2 cups of the milk to boiling point.
- 2Add the meal slowly, stirring until thick.
- 3Remove from heat and slowly add to the beaten eggs.
- 4Add the butter and remaining milk.
- 5Sprinkle baking powder and salt on top and stir.
- 6Bake in a greased casserole dish for 55 minutes at 350°F.
- 7When done, it should still be soft enough in the center that you need to serve it with a spoon, but brown on the outside edges.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Family Spoon Bread
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.4
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 67.4 mg
- Sodium 477.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 6.8 g