Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A favorite recipe that has been in my family for years. It is very easy to make and children can help make it by crushing the chips in the bag
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle French dressing
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) bag tortilla chips, crushed
- sour cream
- diced tomato
- Brown ground beef in large skillet.
- Drain grease.
- Add taco seasoning, chili beans, French dressing and water to skillet.
- Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10 - 15 minutes.
- In large bowl mix 1/2 of the lettuce, cheese, and tortilla chips.
- Pour the meat mixture into the bowl and mix well.
- Add remaining lettuce, cheese, and tortilla chips along with any additional ingredients desired.
- Mix well.
- Top with sour cream.