Top Review by hanson1326
Really really good. My family said it was the best squash they ever had. It is sweet so you might want to put the pork on the bottom and the squash on top after letting it simmer a bit in the sauce. Will definitely make again.
- 4 pork chops, 3/4-inch thick bone-in
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium acorn squash
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen green peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut squash in half, remove seeds and strings. Slice each half into 8 slices. Set aside.
- Heat oil in pan and quickly brown pork chops on both sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Mix together remaining ingredients, except peas.
- In same pan pork chops were browned, place half of sliced squash. Place chops on top. Add remaining squash. Pour liquid over all and bring to boil. Turn heat to low and cover. Cook until pork and squash are tender, approximately 30 minutes. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Place frozen peas in pan, cover and cook for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Plate rice of choice on 4 plates. Top with pork chops and squash. Divide peas among plates.
- Pour cooking liquid over all and serve.