Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the 'Weekend' magazine!
- 1 tablespoon fine oatmeal or 1 tablespoon fine natural bran
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix with water to form a thick paste.
- Gently massage into the skin, mainly the nose and chin area.
- Make sure you avoid skin around the eyes.
- Wash off with warm water.
This is a great scrub. It really left my sensitive skin clean but not irritated. I used regular oatmeal and ground it fine in the coffee grinder I use for spices, etc. It worked well. This would be good to use the night before a special occasion (although I'd give a road test beforehand to check for sensitivity). Thanks for the recipe, would never have thought of using yeast on my face!
Inexpensive ingredients. Feels terrific when you apply it. The citrus removed layers of dead skin. I didn't have yeast, so I replaced it with cornmeal. Results: Excellent. Don't waste you money on expensive products that do the same thing but cost between $7-9 USDollars.