Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I came up with this recipe while trying to use up left over turkey. I was surprised with how easy it was to make and how delicious it tasted. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 (24 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced mushroom
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (12 ounce) box pasta
- shredded cooked chicken (optional) or shredded cooked turkey (optional)
- Thaw spinach and squeeze out excess moisture.
- Start cooking pasta.
- In a sauce pan sauté garlic mushrooms and onions.
- Add spaghetti sauce and spinach to mushrooms and onions bring to almost boil*.
- Take off heat add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain pasta.
- Plate and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- *Add shredded chicken or turkey to sauce mixture. For Vegetarian omit.
Hello! I made this recipe today and it was excellent! It was super fast and very tasteful! Thank you very much Katie-Kate!
I substituted canned spaghetti sauce and canned spinach. Simmered it for several hours and added 1/2 cup red wine. Served it over Farfalle (bow ties). Easy to prepair and quite good. The family loved it. Will be fixing this again soon. Great with red wine.