Recipe by carnation037
I have not tried this yet as I cannot claim to be the originator of this. But when I found it, I thought it would be a great tasting icing.
Top Review by Stormshiver
I used this recipe as I do not like sweet icing and I was a bit reluctant at first. I took a taste before adding the vanilla and cringed. But added the vanilla (a little extra for my liking) and it was a huge difference. I used this icing for my son's bday cake. He requested lemon so I added some lemon juice to it and it was amazing. It was a huge hit even with the kids. I would use it again and again and again....
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco
- 1 cup granulated sugar (with white sugar or, for a darker icing, use brown sugar)
- 3⁄4 cup very hot milk (not boiling, you can heat it in the microwave)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the butter, Crisco and sugar on medium electric beaters to start out.
- Then on high for AT Least 10 minutes.
- To the sugar mixture, add the hot milk gradually a very little bit at a time; it will be very fluffy.
- Add the vanilla.
- Spread on cooled cake.
- It is Important that you mix for 10 minutes.
- Or you will change the texture of the frosting.