Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
The coating mix listing in this recipe is enough for 12 drumsticks, and the marinade ingredients in this recipe is for two bags of drumsticks (12 in each bag). For the next batch of drumsticks you will have to prepare another recipe of coating mix. When you are ready to make a bag of drumsticks, place them in the fridge overnight to thaw. If desired, increase the drumsticks to 48, double the amount of oil and soy sauce, an use 1 more onion, keep the garlic still at 1/4 cup, and make 4 bags of these to freeze, just remember to marinate overnight before placing in the freezer.... trust me kids of all ages love these, they are delicious!
Top Review by Heystopthatnow
I let the drumsticks marinade in the soy sauce mixture overnight then when ready, let it absorb the mustard mixture for 10 minutes. I then baked it in my toaster oven. The end result: the chicken was really salty (I drank a lot of water tonight!) and for some reason, they came out too dry. I baked 7 pieces tonight, of which my hubby & I didn't eat 3. I have a lot more in the fridge. Next time, I'll try baking it in the oven and see if that'll make a difference.
- 24 chicken drumsticks, divided
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh garlic
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine (can use chicken broth in place of wine)
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare the drumsticks, divide 12 drumsticks between two large resealable bags.
- In a bowl whisk together onions, oil, garlic, soy sauce and about 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- Divide the onion mixture between the two bags, then add in 12 drumsticks in each bag.
- Seal the bags, then turn to coat the drumsticks in the marinade.
- Place in the refrigerator overnight, then the following day place in the freezer (or you can cook them!).
- When ready to cook 12 drumsticks, set oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Remove the thawed drumsticks from the marinade and scrape off any onion and garlic.
- Place the drumsticks in a large bowl.
- In another bowl whisk together mustard and wine; drizzle over the drumsticks; toss well to coat.
- Sprinkle the drumsticks with salt and pepper.
- Coat each drumstick in the fresh breadcrumbs (coating lightly but evenly).
- Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Increase the oven heat to 400 degrees and bake for another 15 minutes longer.