Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yummy! A light and refreshing hot weather treat. Easy to make, and guilt-free too!
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 cups frozen strawberries or 2 cups blueberries or 2 cups fruit, pieces of your choice
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 3 tablespoons strawberry jam or 3 tablespoons blueberry jam or 3 tablespoons other complementary jam
- 1 -4 tablespoon sugar
- Freeze the yogurt, and the fruit, if you are starting with fresh.
- It is best to put the yogurt into an ice-cube tray.
- Puree the frozen yogurt and fruit in a food processor with the remaining ingredients, except the sugar.
- They should be thoroughly blended.
- Taste, and process in as much sugar as seems good to you.
- Spoon into serving dishes and return to the freezer until dessert time.
- If you wish to keep the yogurt in the freezer for up to a week, you may do so, in a covered container.
- It will need to sit out at cool room temperature for 30 minutes to an hour before serving, or it will be too hard.
Loved this. I used frozen blueberries, low-sugar blueberry preserves. I heated the berries in the microwave, then mixed the ingredients and let it sit in the fridge a few hours for the flavors to mingle. I processed it in my ice cream maker and it was delicious. Very refreshing.
The title says it all-this is fabulous! I used frozen strawberries and strawberry jam. In all, I used about 3 tbls. sugar. I did half this recipe but you can be sure I won't next time!Thanks Jenny!
Made in ice cream maker with raspberries, nectarine, raspberry jam and pomegranate jelly and just regular yogurt. Could make again.