Recipe by WillsMommy
This recipe came from the back of a Nestle cocoa can. I've been making these for years, and they're always a hit. The batter is pretty thick, which makes them very fudgy. The original recipe included frosting, but I think it makes them too rich. If you have a strong sweet tooth, you might like them with the frosting. The frosting recipe is posted separately. Enjoy!
- 395.10 ml sugar
- 177.44 ml butter or 177.44 ml margarine, softened
- 29.58 ml water
- 2 eggs
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 314.66 ml flour
- 177.44 ml cocoa
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 177.44 ml nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13 pan.
- Mix together sugar, butter, and water. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla to sugar mixture. Beat in completely.
- Mix dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder, cocoa, nuts) in a separate bowl until evenly combined.
- Add dry ingredients to sugar mixture, mix thoroughly.
- Pour batter into the 9x13 pan and spread well. Bake 18-25 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.