Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I've been experimenting with lots of grilled chicken recipes and found this one from a Rachel Ray collection to be a winner. It's fast, easy and tasty. (tip: do not add zest if you do not want it too lemony)
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 7.39 ml dried oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- In a shallow dish, combine the first five ingredients.
- Add chicken and toss to coat evenly.
- Marinate for five minutes.
- Grill. (the usual 6-7 minutes per side).
- Remove from heat and let rest for 2-3 minutes.
Great marinade! So simple and easy but full of flavor. I used one clove of garlic and marinated the chicken for about 3 hours.
I made this when I was in a time crunch and didn't have time to marinate. My grilled chicken salad was fabulous. Thanks for sharing Amie!
It doesn't get easier or better than this. I left out the zest but next time I'll add it in for more lemon flavour. We loved all the garlic!