Recipe by Kathy228
A very lemony pasta that can be eaten as a main meal with a salad and toasted bread, or as a side dish with chicken or seafood. It's especially delicious served with pan seared shrimp. I counted a tablespooon of lemon juice/zest as the yield from one medium lemon. So the amount can be a little under- or over if you like it really sour!
Top Review by Southern Bug
This was SO good!! I loved the tart flavor and the fact that it was pretty cheap to make. I used fat free half-and-half and parsley instead of basil because thats what I had. We'll be making this pretty often from now on. Thank you!
- 3⁄4-1 lb pasta (linguini or spaghetti)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup basil leaves, coarsly sliced
- parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pasta 'til almost done; remove pan from heat.
- In another pan, that the pasta will fit into later, melt the butter and olive oil. Saute minced garlic til fragant but not brown, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the cream into the pan.
- Turn heat to med-high. Bring butter and cream to a gentle boil. It may curdle but will smooth out later.
- Once boiling, add the lemon juice and zest. Turn down heat to simmer and continue stirring until reduced by almost a third. Remove sauce from heat.
- Drain the pasta; pour it into the sauce and gently toss pasta with lemon sauce.
- Grate parmesan over top, add the basil, and gently toss again.
- To serve, plate the Lemon Pasta and garnish with more parmesan and sprinkle toasted pine nuts over.