1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Perfectionist cook's Note:
I saw this recipe on another site and cracked up laughing. It was the absolutely epitome of an over-the-top junk food meal. It really doesn't get unhealthier than this cross between a huge hamburger and two pizzas, which is probably part of the fascination. This has got to be something people make at college parties because I can't think of how it would get eaten otherwise. Have a read through of the method and see if you dare try it......
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare burger by grating onions and mincing garlic.
- 2Add into beef mince and add eggs and salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Shape into huge hamburger patty and place onto oven tray. Make sure it is just bigger than the size of the frozen pizzas as it will shrink when cooking.
- 4Cover with one pound of the grated cheese in a thick layer.
- 5Place bacon strips into a circular pattern overlapping each other so that they form a bacon circle in a round pan or frying pan with metal handles.
- 6Bake hamburger patty in a medium oven on a medium rack with the frying pan with the bacon underneath at the bottom of the oven so that they cook together. Be careful the bacon may crisp up and cook before the mince patty is ready.
- 7Take out and immediately put in both frozen pizzas and cook until they are crisp and the cheese is bubbling and golden.
- 8Meanwhile place bacon 'wreath' on top of hamburger patty and top with the remaining pound of cheese in slices or grated.
- 9Place one pizza on serving platter.
- 10Carefully lift up hamburger patty and place on top of pizza trying not to disturb the cheese or bacon topping.
- 11Place other pizza face down over the hamburger patty and allow the melting cheese to stick the pieces together.
- 12Allow to cool slightly and cut into wedges to serve ideally with chips and beer!
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Extreme Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Pizza Burger
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1650.7
- Calories from Fat 1231
- Total Fat 136.8 g
- Saturated Fat 56.5 g
- Cholesterol 403.9 mg
- Sodium 2249.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 86.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen sausage and pepperoni pizzas