Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I saw this recipe on another site and cracked up laughing. It was the absolutely epitome of an over-the-top junk food meal. It really doesn't get unhealthier than this cross between a huge hamburger and two pizzas, which is probably part of the fascination. This has got to be something people make at college parties because I can't think of how it would get eaten otherwise. Have a read through of the method and see if you dare try it......
- 2 (907.18 g) frozen sausage and pepperoni pizzas (ideally with cheese stuffed crust)
- 2267.96 g beef mince
- 2 onions
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 907.18 g bacon
- 907.18 g cheese
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper
- Prepare burger by grating onions and mincing garlic.
- Add into beef mince and add eggs and salt and pepper to taste.
- Shape into huge hamburger patty and place onto oven tray. Make sure it is just bigger than the size of the frozen pizzas as it will shrink when cooking.
- Cover with one pound of the grated cheese in a thick layer.
- Place bacon strips into a circular pattern overlapping each other so that they form a bacon circle in a round pan or frying pan with metal handles.
- Bake hamburger patty in a medium oven on a medium rack with the frying pan with the bacon underneath at the bottom of the oven so that they cook together. Be careful the bacon may crisp up and cook before the mince patty is ready.
- Take out and immediately put in both frozen pizzas and cook until they are crisp and the cheese is bubbling and golden.
- Meanwhile place bacon 'wreath' on top of hamburger patty and top with the remaining pound of cheese in slices or grated.
- Place one pizza on serving platter.
- Carefully lift up hamburger patty and place on top of pizza trying not to disturb the cheese or bacon topping.
- Place other pizza face down over the hamburger patty and allow the melting cheese to stick the pieces together.
- Allow to cool slightly and cut into wedges to serve ideally with chips and beer!