Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This marinade gives your barbecue a juicy exotic touch!
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil (groundnut)
- 2 tablespoons fruit vinegar (mango or some sweet juice and lemon juice)
- 4 tablespoons yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 2 star anise
- 1 lemongrass
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 6 cloves
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 inch freshly grated gingerroot (optional)
- Roast coriander, star anise, gloves and cardamom pods and ground afterwards.
- Crush the lemongrass.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Cover your meet (500 gr - 1kg chicken or turkey cubed or on a spit) with the marinade.
- Do this for 4 - 48 hours, the longer the better.
- Remove lime leaves and lemongrass before you barbecue.
Definitely five stars! I understand that "fruit vinegar" was meant to be fruit juice, so I used a mix of pineapple and lime and added 1 teaspoon honey. I added the lime leaves with the lemon grass and let the meat marinate for about 30 hours. Will make this again! Thanks for posting.
Made for Diabetic Tailgate Party.