Recipe by Marlitt
This is a little bit different is quite refreshing. It has a that Thai flavor and freshness. Can be served hot or cold.
Top Review by anme
This was a pretty tasty salad recipe, but I felt the orange flavor threw off the dish a bit... almost made it a bit too sweet. If I make this again I would use a different dressing that paired nicer with the salad mixture.
- 2 tablespoons light soya sauce
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- salt and pepper
- 4 green onions
- fresh ginger (grate a piece the size of your thumb nail)
- 4 medium carrots
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2⁄3 cup apricot (dried but soft)
- 1 -2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 cups basmati rice (cooked)
- 2 kiwi fruits
Directions See How It's Made
- For the dressing, into a small bowl add vinegar, soya sauce, and salt and pepper to taste and blend well. Set aside.
- Prepare vegetables.
- Grate carrots.
- Wash green onion and cut into small rings.
- Peel and grate ginger.
- Chop apricots into small pieces.
- Put oil into a pan and heat, add green onion, ginger, and 2/3 of the carrots; saute until soft.
- Sprinkle with the curry powder and turn into vegetables.
- Fold the apricots into the pan with other vegetables.
- Add a little salt then pour in orange juice and water.
- Stir, deglazing the bottom of the pan.
- Let cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and mix well.
- Turn off heat and let sit for a few minutes so that the rice can obsorb some of the cooking juices.
- Add the set aside dressing and left over grated carrot and toss into the rice mixture.
- Check seasoning should be a little spicy and have sweet and sour flavor, adjust if necessary.
- Put into a serving bowl and decorate with kiwi slices.
- This can be eaten hot or cold.