Recipe by evelyn/athens
These wings and a beer - perfection!
Top Review by Geema
I am the only wing lover in the family, and while chowing down on these tasty treats I was thankful of that fact. The mushroom soy sauce was impossible for me to find, so I just subbed my favorite Nama Shoyu, but sure am curious as to what that stuff might taste like. I liked the hot sweet quality of these wings, as well as the interesting sesame undercurrent. My wings baked up nice and brown in the recommended time. Next time I think I might reduce the lemon zest and/or juice or find a smaller lemon, since the tartness was a bit jarring.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 lbs chicken wings
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients- press garlic over bowl so that any juices run into bowl.
- Whisk until sugar dissolves.
- Wash wings and pat dry, place in a large zip-loc bag or glass/earthenware container and pour sauce over.
- Turn to coat.
- Marinate for a minimum of 3 hours or up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Roast wings until done, about 20 minutes, and sauce is thick and syrupy.
- Stir 3-4 times during roasting to redistribute sauce.