Entered for safe-keeping, by Maria del Mar Sacasa, found on Serious Eats.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon allspice berry
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 2 teaspoons whole coriander seeds
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 4 1/2 cups apple cider
- 1 large orange, rind and 1/4 cup juice
- 8 ounces Applejack
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled and cored and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 clementines or 1 small orange, scrubbed and cut into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1Place allspice, peppercorns, cloves, coriander, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan.
- 2Cook, stirring, over medium heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- 3Stir in apple cider, orange rind and juice, and applejack and bring to simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- 4Reduce heat to lowest setting and allow cider to simmer for 15 minutes.
- 5Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl and discard solids.
- 6Return cider to saucepan and add apple pieces, clementine slices and cranberries.
- 7Simmer on medium-low heat until apples are fork tender but still retain their shape and cranberries are plump, about 10 minutes.
- 8Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eve's Addiction - a Warm Fall and Winter Cocktail
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 71.5
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 43.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: