Prep 3 mins
Cook 27 mins
Entered for safe-keeping, by Maria del Mar Sacasa, found on Serious Eats.
- 1 tablespoon allspice berry
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 2 teaspoons whole coriander seeds
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 4 1⁄2 cups apple cider
- 1 large orange, rind and 1/4 cup juice
- 8 ounces Applejack
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled and cored and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 clementines or 1 small orange, scrubbed and cut into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- Place allspice, peppercorns, cloves, coriander, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan.
- Cook, stirring, over medium heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in apple cider, orange rind and juice, and applejack and bring to simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to lowest setting and allow cider to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl and discard solids.
- Return cider to saucepan and add apple pieces, clementine slices and cranberries.
- Simmer on medium-low heat until apples are fork tender but still retain their shape and cranberries are plump, about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Delicious, I will make this all winter but scaled it down a bit so i didn't get to tipsy :)