Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I took the basic oatmeal cookie recipe (right off the Quaker box) and added everything I could find in the pantry: chocolate chips, raisins, even some peanut butter. Was out of vanilla, so added almond extract. Wonderful chewy crunch!
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (or both) or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or both)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Cream butter, peanut butter, and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mixing well. Stir in dry ingredients, mix well.
- Form into balls about 1 1/2" in diameter, press down lightly on parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
These are very good. I cut the recipe in half but still had to use 2 eggs to get all the ingredients to stick together. Will make these again!