Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is chocolate chip cookie perfection. I am a chocolate chip cookie fanatic, in the past I had tried every variation of every recipe i had ever come across and never found satisfaction. The searching stopped here! I have been making it for years, and for years people have been surprised by how good a simple cookie can be. This recipe will change your chocolate chip cookie world!
- 1 cup unsalted butter (slightly softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- semi-sweet mini morsels chocolate chips (to your liking...I use MAYBE 1/2 cup)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package French vanilla instant pudding (french vanilla turns out much better than regular vanilla)
- Cream together butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy.
- Add water, flour, salt and baking soda. Stir until moistened. (I recommend doing this step by hand as you do not want to overmx).
- Add chocolate chips and instant pudding (if you like richer cookies, add a lot of chips. Personally i like to taste the cookie over the chocolate and more chocolate chips.
- affects the texture).
- Fold into mixture just enough to BARELY combine. I must stress the importance of this step. overmixing will dramatically affect the perfection of the cookie. You should have pudding mix that isn't fully mixed inches.This step is the trick to perfect texture.
- Chill dough in refridgerator. This isnt entirely necessary because they will still turn out great if you skip this step. But, if i have time i've found it helps the cookies keep their shape and not flatten as much.
- drop 1 inch dough onto cookie sheet 2 inches apart.(I prefer stone bakeware).
- Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes. light golden browning on edges is a good indicator that these are ready to take out. You don't want to overcook these.
- Leave on cookie sheet for about five minutes before you transfer to cooling rack (otherwise the will be gooey and fall through rack).
These are very nice chocolate chip cookies. I haven't made cookies using instant pudding mix before - I was wondering how they were supposed to turn out, crisp, chewy?? I halved the recipe and got 22 nice sized cookies using a 1 tablespoon scoop.... I followed directions as noted below (although I probably overmixed since I didn't have pudding mix that wasn't mixed in) and the dough was very very sticky - I wouldn't skip chilling them in the fridge for 10-15 minutes (the dough was still pretty sticky after I chilled it). I baked my cookies for 9 minutes and they were just barely browned on the bottom, then allowed them to cool for 5 more minutes on the pan, although mine would not have fallen apart had I put them directly on the cooling racks - so, I don't think I got the recipe completely right. Even so, a very nice chocolate chip cookie. Made for PAC Spring 2008.