Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Ground turkey and a box of chicken or turkey seasoned stuffing makes anyday thanksgiving. This is a favorite in my household. We buy ground turkey instead of beef for a healthier lifestyle, unfortunately we always seem to over eat with this recipe. Serve this "meat"loaf with any of your favorite Thanksgiving side dishes, we usually do mashed potatoes and corn.
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb chicken
- 1 (6 ounce) box turkey stuffing mix or 1 (6 ounce) box chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1 (10 -14 ounce) can gravy (2 if you want extra for serving)
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch rubbed sage
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combined ground meat, stuffing, egg, pinch of pepper and sage, and 1/2 can gravy in a gallon sized freezer bag (I don't care to get my hands dirty).
- With above ingredients in sealed bag, mush together with hands until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Form into loaf shape while still in bag and drop into a loaf pan (or any baking pan will do).
- Top with remaining 1/2 can gravy.
- Place in oven and cook for approximately 45 minutes.
This is comfort food at its best for a carb lover. I especially liked the texture that the loaf had because of the box of stuffing. It was more "stuffing"ish than "meat"ish which was perfect for me. If you prefer a meatier loaf, I could see this working just as well with 2 lbs of ground meat.