Recipe by CassieW22
Ground turkey and a box of chicken or turkey seasoned stuffing makes anyday thanksgiving. This is a favorite in my household. We buy ground turkey instead of beef for a healthier lifestyle, unfortunately we always seem to over eat with this recipe. Serve this "meat"loaf with any of your favorite Thanksgiving side dishes, we usually do mashed potatoes and corn.
Top Review by Twiggyann
This is comfort food at its best for a carb lover. I especially liked the texture that the loaf had because of the box of stuffing. It was more "stuffing"ish than "meat"ish which was perfect for me. If you prefer a meatier loaf, I could see this working just as well with 2 lbs of ground meat.
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb chicken
- 1 (6 ounce) box turkey stuffing mix or 1 (6 ounce) box chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1 (10 -14 ounce) can gravy (2 if you want extra for serving)
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch rubbed sage
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combined ground meat, stuffing, egg, pinch of pepper and sage, and 1/2 can gravy in a gallon sized freezer bag (I don't care to get my hands dirty).
- With above ingredients in sealed bag, mush together with hands until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Form into loaf shape while still in bag and drop into a loaf pan (or any baking pan will do).
- Top with remaining 1/2 can gravy.
- Place in oven and cook for approximately 45 minutes.