Recipe by Mirj
Both you and the potatoes will be euphoric when you eat this comfort food!
Top Review by Miss Annie
Outstanding recipe, Mirj. The potatoes were very tender. I used green onions with the tops (I like the green part). These babies were euphoric, soothing, creamy. Easy to prepare and easier to cook in the crockpot. This one goes in the t&t cookbook for my house.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 medium boiling potatoes, scrubbed and sliced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl combine the scallions and the garlic.
- In another small bowl, combine the salt and pepper.
- In a well-buttered 3.5-qt slow cooker, layer one fourth of the sliced potatoes.
- Sprinkle with about 1/4 tsp of the salt and pepper, and top with one third of the cheese cubes and then one third of the scallion mixture.
- Make a second layer of potatoes, sprinkle with about 1/4 tsp of the salt/pepper mix, and top with half of the remaining cheese and scallion mixtures.
- Repeat with a third layer of potatoes, sprinkle another 1/4 tsp of salt/pepper mix, and top with the remaining cheese and scallion mixtures.
- Make a final layer of potatoes and sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper.
- Cover and slow cook for 2 hours on high.
- Stir the potatoes to distribute the melting cheese, cover and continue cooking until the potatoes are very tender, about 1 hour longer.
- Stir the potatoes well to mash slightly and serve immediately.