Simple dish for vegans, vegetarians and Lent observers
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In medium heat cook the onion with one cup of water and one table spoon of oil; stir and sauté continuously until it is very soft. You may add more water if needed. (10 minutes).
- 2Add to the onion the rest of the oil, garlic, bishop weed, ginger and curry/turmeric; Cook for five minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, bring to boil 3 cups of water in a medium pot; add the rinsed split peas; Cook it for 10 minutes.
- 4Strain the water from the cooked peas, set aside.
- 5Add the cooked peas to the onion; Mix well and cook it for 5 minutes; add one cup of the set-aide water, salt and black pepper. Cook for another 15 minutes or until simmers;.
- 6Add the sliced hot pepper and remove from heat. You may serve it cold or warm with Injera or bread of your choice.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ethiopian Split Pea Mild Stew
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.0
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.5 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 12.8 g