It's messy and not quite appealing to look at, but this foot scrub uses coffe and sugar to make those crocodile-skinned extremeties become positively human again! (plus it smells great!)
- 3 -4 tablespoons ground coffee (i find the instant stuff works quite well because the granules are quite chunky, but any will do)
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar (optional, if you don't have any just use white sugar, it doesn't make much difference!) (optional)
- oil (whichever oil you like, experiment with olive oil, coconut oil etc)
- essential oil (optional)
- Combine the coffee and sugar together in a small bowl.
- Add enough oil until the scrub forms a consistency that suits you (i find that it works best when it's more of a liquidy paste).
- You can experiment with a couple of drops of your chosen essential oils to create your own unique scent. A couple of suggestions are lavender, peppermint or cinnamon. You don't need to add any if you don't want to.
- *IDEA - if you'd like to make it a mocha scrub, try adding in a tablespoon of cocoa powder in step one.
I used this tonight on DH's "crocodile feet". It worked GREAT!! Better than any of that expensive stuff from stores!! I used instant coffee,white sugar,and olive oil. It exfoliated so well, he says his boots fit better now!! I then used it on DD's and my hands.So soft! The only thing to be noted is that you need to be gentle with it on "thin skin"( tops of hands and feet) as it really is a superb exfoliant. Made for Comfort Cafe- Snow Queen Round- 1/10.
5 for soft feet but it is extremely messy, it sticks to the bath tub and my feet smelled a of a hint of coffee after (during it smells really good) which is not beautiful. I'm not really sure what the coffee does for the skin. I used instant half caff because it is what I had on hand. the granules don't exfoliate because they become pasty. Maybe this would be good without the coffee?!! or with another powder to take its place. I used an excellent Sea Buckthorn body oil by Weleda which has a orange scent to it, it's a really great massage oil without almond or soy. I used all regular white sugar. I may try this again without the coffee granules. Made for Comfort Cafe - Snow Queens Round 01/10.
I really enjoyed this scrub. I used fine grounds taken from the coffee filter, regular sugar and sweet almond oil. It left my feet super soft. Thank you for posting Hayley!