Recipe by DailyInspiration
This recipe is from the Easy Holiday Entertaining booklet. The description given for this recipe says that the aroma of this dish will draw everyone into the kitchen. The author recommends using this dish as a topping over pancakes or baked oatmeal!
Top Review by WiGal
Yummy on oatmeal, but can see it on pancakes, waffles, and ice cream. I made this yesterday and then nuked in microwave. I had some French Vanilla cream so used this instead of milk. Made for Think Pink 2011.
- 6 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Place apples in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Stir spice mixture into apples until evenly distributed.
- Fold in raisins and walnuts.
- Spoon into a greased 2-quart casserole dish.
- Mix vanilla and milk; pour evenly over apple mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 to 60 minutes, or until soft and bubbly.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.