- 2 lbs pinto beans
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 (14 ounce) container red chili peppers
- 2 (14 ounce) containers green chili peppers
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (16 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, drained and cut into quarters
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 pinch oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean beans (take out rocks and broken beans), rinse and add to crock pot. Fill with water, add onion (whole and peeled) cook for 8 to 10 hours until beans are soft. When beans are ready, transfer to a large stock pot on stove and dispose of onion.
- Turn on medium heat, cook ground beef, drain and add to beans. Add tomato sauce, chile(frozen or slightly thawed), stewed tomatoes, two pinches of oregano, 1 tsp salt and 1 tblsp of garlic powder.