Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from Equal.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup red bell pepper, strips**
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 16 fresh pea pods, cut in half crosswise
- 1⁄2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 2⁄3 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Equal sugar substitute, spoonful*
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- salt and pepper (optional)
- hot cooked rice (optional)
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir fry chicken until no longer pink.
- Remove chicken from skillet.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in skillet.
- Add red peppers, mushrooms, pea pods, water chestnuts, green onion, ginger and garlic.
- Stir fry mixture 3 to 4 minutes until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Meanwhile, combine chicken broth, Equal®, soy sauce, cornstarch and sesame oil until smooth.
- Stir into skillet mixture.
- Cook over medium heat until thick and clear.
- Stir in chicken; heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Serve over hot cooked rice, if desired.
- * May substitute 3 packets Equal sweetener.
- ** See VARIATION for quick and easy preparation method.
- ** VARIATION: Quick & Easy Ginger Chicken with Vegetables.
- You may substitute 1 package (16 oz.) frozen Oriental-Style Vegetables, cooked and drained, for the fresh vegetables listed above. Stir fry chicken, ginger root and garlic in all of the vegetable oil about 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Combine chicken broth, Equal®, soy sauce, cornstarch and sesame oil until smooth. Stir into chicken mixture. Cook over medium heat until thick and clear. Stir in cooked vegetables until heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste, if desired. Serve over hot cooked rice, if desired.