Recipe by Miss Annie
From the Epcot Center at Disney World in Orlando, Florida. This is a good salad.
Top Review by SlipC
I sang "It's a Small Wold" all during the preperation and comsumption of this dish. Ok, not quite, but this was really good. I am a huge Disney fan, we went there last year, and this was my favorite resteraunt and dish there. And I am thrilled to say that is is almost identical in taste to the original. And while my kids initially balked at the veggies in it, the wolfed it down after the first bite, and ezpecially loved the taste of the couscous and fruit. An extremely healthy dish with wonderful taste. It brought back many fond memories of our trip.
- olive oil, for sauteing
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 red sweet bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 chopped zucchini
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 12 ounces couscous, cooked
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 2 cups tangerines or 2 cups mandarin orange segments
- mint sprig (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion, garlic, sweet bell peppers and zucchini in olive oil.
- Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Add 1/2 cup olive oil to vegetables along with raisins, chickpeas and orange juice.
- Toss vegetable mixture with couscous and pan juices.
- Add parsley and gently fold in citrus segments.
- Mound mixture onto a serving platter and garnish with mint.