Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This delicious fruity dessert is great for holidays. Prep time does not include chilling time.
For the Dessert
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed,drained,and syrup reserved
- 6 ladyfingers (1/2 of 3 oz. box)
- 6 tablespoons sweet sherry
- 8 canned peach halves
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sliced blanched almond, toasted
For the Creme Anglaise
- 1 1⁄3 cups heavy cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- Prepare Creme Anglaise: bring 1 1/3 cups heavy cream to a boil in a small heavy saucepan; remove from heat but keep hot.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar in the top of a double-boiler until smooth.
- Gradually stir in hot cream, and cook, stirring constantly, over simmering water, until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat, stir in Grand Marnier, and cool.
- Place drained raspberries in blender; puree; add 1 tbsp.
- of raspberry syrup to thin mixture if needed; set aside.
- Arrange ladyfingers, dividing evenly, along the sides of 4 large wine glasses.
- Sprinkle each with 1 1/2 tbsp.
- of sweet sherry; top with 2 peach halves.
- Pour cooled Creme Anglaise over the tops of the peach halves, dividing evenly among the glasses.
- Top each glass with raspberry puree; chill.
- Whip the 1/2 cup heavy cream in a small bowl with sugar until stiff; spoon a layer of whipped cream on each trifle.
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds; serve.