Sue Lau's Note:
This delicious fruity dessert is great for holidays. Prep time does not include chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Dessert
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed,drained,and syrup reserved
- 6 ladyfingers (1/2 of 3 oz. box)
- 6 tablespoons sweet sherry
- 8 canned peach halves
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced blanched almond, toasted
For the Creme Anglaise
- 1Prepare Creme Anglaise: bring 1 1/3 cups heavy cream to a boil in a small heavy saucepan; remove from heat but keep hot.
- 2Beat the egg yolks with the sugar in the top of a double-boiler until smooth.
- 3Gradually stir in hot cream, and cook, stirring constantly, over simmering water, until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon (about 10 minutes).
- 4Remove from heat, stir in Grand Marnier, and cool.
- 5Place drained raspberries in blender; puree; add 1 tbsp.
- 6of raspberry syrup to thin mixture if needed; set aside.
- 7Arrange ladyfingers, dividing evenly, along the sides of 4 large wine glasses.
- 8Sprinkle each with 1 1/2 tbsp.
- 9of sweet sherry; top with 2 peach halves.
- 10Pour cooled Creme Anglaise over the tops of the peach halves, dividing evenly among the glasses.
- 11Top each glass with raspberry puree; chill.
- 12Whip the 1/2 cup heavy cream in a small bowl with sugar until stiff; spoon a layer of whipped cream on each trifle.
- 13Sprinkle with toasted almonds; serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for English Trifle
Serving Size: 1 (454 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 796.2
- Calories from Fat 455
- Total Fat 50.6 g
- Saturated Fat 27.4 g
- Cholesterol 398.2 mg
- Sodium 86.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 62.1 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: