Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This delicious fruity dessert is great for holidays. Prep time does not include chilling time.
Make and share this English Trifle recipe from Food.com.
For the Dessert
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed,drained,and syrup reserved
- 6 ladyfingers (1/2 of 3 oz. box)
- 6 tablespoons sweet sherry
- 8 canned peach halves
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sliced blanched almond, toasted
For the Creme Anglaise
- 1 1⁄3 cups heavy cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- Prepare Creme Anglaise: bring 1 1/3 cups heavy cream to a boil in a small heavy saucepan; remove from heat but keep hot.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar in the top of a double-boiler until smooth.
- Gradually stir in hot cream, and cook, stirring constantly, over simmering water, until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat, stir in Grand Marnier, and cool.
- Place drained raspberries in blender; puree; add 1 tbsp.
- of raspberry syrup to thin mixture if needed; set aside.
- Arrange ladyfingers, dividing evenly, along the sides of 4 large wine glasses.
- Sprinkle each with 1 1/2 tbsp.
- of sweet sherry; top with 2 peach halves.
- Pour cooled Creme Anglaise over the tops of the peach halves, dividing evenly among the glasses.
- Top each glass with raspberry puree; chill.
- Whip the 1/2 cup heavy cream in a small bowl with sugar until stiff; spoon a layer of whipped cream on each trifle.
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds; serve.