Recipe by Trinkets
A different and light way to serve peas. It's wonderful served with Country Ham, tiny biscuits, and corn salad as a great Sunday lunch.
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups shelled fresh peas (3 pounds unshelled)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped of fresh mint
- 4 cups thinly sliced boston lettuce (about 1 small head)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add peas and stir to coat with oil.
- Cover and cook, stirring once or twice, until beginning to brown, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in mint and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add lettuce, cover and cook, stirring once or twice, until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.