Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
A nice low-fat breakfast
Make and share this English Muffin French Toast recipe from Food.com.
- 1 low-fat English muffin
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1⁄8 skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 cup of lite maple syrup
- Mix Egg Beater, milk and vanilla extract together in a small bowl to form mixture.
- Dip muffin into mixture, and cook on medium high heat in frying pan or grill sprayed with vegetable cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and cook till toasted on both sides.
- Serve with lite maple syrup.
- Store remaining mixture for another time.
I didn't have or find any low fat English muffins, so I used "Thomas's" Cinnamon & Raisin English muffins, which I think really added to the yummy cinnamon flavor. Topped it with a bit of butter and a tablespoon or so of lite maple syrup. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
So unique, fluffy and delicious! I can see why this went into someone's best of the year cookbook. I made 1 recipe for 1 person (a whole english muffin), but had a lot of leftover egg dip, so put in 3 more small pieces of bread for DH's breakfast for tomorrow.
Used a little bit maple syrup, but it was still a delicious breakfast..