2 hrs 30 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon clove, ground
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup mixed candied fruit
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup suet, finely chopped or 1/2 cup butter, melted
Hot Vanilla Sauce:
- 1Mix all dry ingredients, fruit, raisins, nuts and suet. Add molasses and then milk to rinse all molasse s into the mixture. Mix well.
- 2Grease and flour a 3 pound empty Crisco can or similar size, smooth sided can.
- 3Put mixture into can.
- 4Cover with double thickness of aluminum foil.
- 5Tie foil on with string.
- 6Set can in large pot or kettle half full of water.
- 7Cover and steam 2 1/2 hours after water boils.
- 8Serve slices covered with hot vanilla sauce* and real whipped cream.
- 9Bring 3 1/2 cups milk and vanilla bean to a boil.
- 10Whip sugar and yolks over hot water to lukewarm.
- 11Stir in cornstarch to remaining cold milk.
- 12Add the cornstarch mixture to the boiling mixture and bring to a full boil.
- 13Pour the boiling starch-milk over the lukewarm egg-sugar mixture, whisking forcefully.
- 14Keep warm on steam table or double boiler.
- 15This sauce is good over puddings and souffles.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for English Christmas Pudding II
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 587.0
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 213.5 mg
- Sodium 440.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 41.9 g
- Protein 11.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed candied fruit