Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is from a British cooking site: wuzzle.org. This looked like it would taste very good. For the Zaar world tour!
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 medium apples (peeled & sliced)
- 1 tablespoon honey (warmed)
- cinnamon sugar (topping)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 9x13 springform pan.
- Beat butter and brown sugar until fluffy,.
- Add lemon juice & eggs, beat well.
- In another bowl, stir together the flours and cinnamon.
- Fold flour mixture into brown sugar mixture, add milk & raisins.
- Pour batter into 9 x 13 springform pan. Arrange apples on top. Bake 1 hour. After taking cake out of oven brush with warm honey and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
This does taste good. It`s like a large dense pancake. I expected a lighter cake but was pleased when tasted! The honey is a must!