Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great Appetizer for Parties or Salad Course at a meal..I was served something similar at an event I attended...this is my take on it
- 2 large Belgian endive (about 2 dozen leaves)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced kalamata olive
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes or 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Chop, slice and mince above ingredients, combine in a bowl.
- Add olive oil and vinegar, salt and pepper, and mix gently together.
- Arrange endive leaves on a plate, fill each one with a teaspoonful of the mixture and serve.
Loved the combination of tastes. Could not find endive anywhere near me. (I know, sounds incredible but we live in a food deprived rural area.) Subbed seeded cucumber. Delicious! Will have again. Thnx for posting, John!
Made for this evening's salad course and we all loved it. Combination of flavors was excellent. Will do again as hubby absolutely loved them! TFS