Recipe by HurricaneChampagne
I whipped up this recipe with some leftovers and some ingredients I had on hand. This recipe is nice because it's simple and can be modified very easily with whatever ingredients you and your family prefer. I intended for this to be a side dish, but adding cooked chicken or pork would easily make this a meal.
Top Review by Julie F
I thought this was really good! I added sliced olives, because we love them. It was easy to put together and the flavor was perfect for our family. Flavorful enough for me, but not too spicy as to bother the kids. I did omit the jalapeno. Thanks for a great recipe idea!
- 1 cup rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce (Red)
- 1⁄4 cup diced jalapeno (this really kicks up the heat, omit for a milder version)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook rice according to the directions on the package (depending on the kind of rice this makes between 2 to 3 cups of rice).
- Let the rice cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients into a greased baking dish, mix until well blended.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Top with sour cream and cheese if desired.