Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a favorite of my household. I "break it out" once the crock-pot is stored away and the sun emerges. It's a lovely accent to the lighter meals of spring and summer.
- 21.26 g garlic & herb salad dressing mix (prepared, use 1/4 cup of oil for less fat)
- 340.19 g rotini pasta (Tri-color, prepared)
- 240.97 g artichoke hearts (drained)
- 240.97 g sun-dried tomatoes (drained)
- 240.97 g olives (are tasty, but optional)
- Prepare the dressing and pasta ahead. You may opt to prepare the dressing as instructed, but this will boost the fat content. Toss the remaining ingredients in with the pasta and dressing. Chill for a minimum of fifteen minutes before serving.
I took this pasta salad to a barbeque and it was a big hit. It is very easy to make and goes together quickly. I couldn't find the garlic & herb dressing mix so I used "Good Seasons" Zesty Italian instead. Also, I used artichoke bottoms instead of hearts because we prefer them. I coarsely chopped the artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes, and I sliced the olives. I added about 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, as well as some salt and fresh ground pepper. I chilled it for about 6 hours before serving. Thank you for sharing this quick and easy salad.
**Made for PAC Fall 2012**