The Empress Lily is a refurbished steamboat that is permanently anchored in the Downtown Disney area at Walt Disney World. Years ago, the Empress Lily was an elegant restaurant inside of the steamboat. Now Fulton's Steakhouse has taken its place, but there are still a number of great recipes that came from the Empress Lily restaurant, and this is one of them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 slice firm good quality white bread, such as Pepperidge Farms
- melted butter
- 473.19 ml fresh oyster (from seafood department of market)
- 118.29 ml flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 14.79 ml water
- 236.59 ml dry breadcrumbs
- 158.51 ml butter
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 59.16 ml freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1.23 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 0.13 ml Tabasco sauce
- 78.07 ml chablis
- 0.59 ml salt
- 29.58 ml finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1To make toast points:
- 2Put oven rack in upper third of oven and preheat to 400 degrees F.
- 3Remove crusts from 6 slices of bread and lightly butter one side with melted butter. Place bread slices, buttered sides up, in a large shallow baking pan and cook until golden brown around edges, 6-8 minutes. Be sure to check often to make sure toast isn't getting too dark. Transfer to a rack to cool.
- 4When cool, cut each slice diagonally into 4 triangles. (Note: toast points can be made 1 day ahead and kept in an airtight container.).
- 5To make sauteed oysters:.
- 6Drain oysters and pick out any pieces of shell. Whisk the eggs and water in a small bowl. Dredge oysters in flour, dip them into the egg mixture, and then in crumbs. This may be done up to an hour in advance of cooking and kept refrigerated until ready to cook.
- 7Heat butter in skillet and saute chopped garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add oysters and brown on both sides, about 2 minutes. Remove oysters and keep warm.
- 8Add lemon juice, worcestershire, tabasco, wine and salt. Heat quickly over high heat. Place oysters on toast points and pour pan juices over oysters. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Empress Lily Sauteed Oysters on Toast Points
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 685.2
- Calories from Fat 347
- Total Fat 38.6 g
- Saturated Fat 21.4 g
- Cholesterol 243.7 mg
- Sodium 906.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 22.4 g