Recipe by Recipe Junkie
This Chinese dessert is a cross between a pudding and a soup, and its name was told to us by a dear friend from Hong Kong who shared this treat with us and who was kind enough to give us the recipe.
- 1⁄4 ounce unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1 (15 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups cold water
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained with juice reserved
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- juice, from mandarin orange
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve gelatin in warm water.
- Heat milk with cold water and sugar to just below boiling.
- Add gelatin mixture and cool.
- Add almond extract.
- Pour into square or rectangular glass dish.
- Refrigerate to set.
- For orange syrup, dissolve sugar in water in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add almond extract and the juice from the mandarin oranges.
- Chill before serving.
- Remove chilled pudding from refrigerater.
- In four dessert bowls, place even amounts of pudding.
- Pour chilled orange syrup evenly over each pudding serving.