1/3 Photos of Empanada Dough
Vseward (Chef~V)'s Note:
This is one of my favorite empanada dough recipes. You can fill the pastry with your choice of fruit filling or meat, whichever you prefer. I like to cook shredded pork in my crockpot and fill these pies and serve with a warm sauce and my Enchilada Soup. You can't go wrong with this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1DAY BEFORE:.
- 2Cream butter and cream cheese together until smoothly blended.
- 3Beat in the flour.
- 4Shape dough into a smooth ball; wrap in foil or cling wrap, and refrigerate overnight or up to a week.
- 5AT BAKING TIME:.
- 6Remove dough from refrigerator 30 minutes before using.
- 7Start heating oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 8Roll chilled dough thin.
- 9Cut with 3 or 4 inch round cookie cutter.
- 10Place small spoonful of filling in center of each round, moisten edges with water.
- 11Fold round over and press edges together.
- 12Bake on ungreased cookie sheet 15 to 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Empanada Dough
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 55.2
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 12.3 mg
- Sodium 39.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 0.6 g