Recipe by Derf
Another wonderful appetizer from Latin American Cooking - Delisious!! Almost addictive. (1 hour chill time not in cook time)
Top Review by Baby Kato
I can't believe I forgot to rate these little treasures. They were so good Derf, and so quick and easy to make. We ate them very quickly. I will be making these again. I made mine quite small, they were great. First time I ever tried empanada's but it won't be the last...thanks so much for sharing. :)
- 354.88 ml flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 118.29 ml butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 egg yolks
- 78.07 ml milk
- 2 egg whites
- 354.88 ml grated cheddar cheese
- 2.46 ml chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the flour with the salt, sugar and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add the butter and cut into the flour with a pastry blender or 2 knives.
- Beat the egg yolks lightly and combine with the milk.
- Stir into the flour to form a soft dough.
- Wrap in waxed paper and chill for 1 hour.
- Beat the egg whites and fold in the grated cheese and chili powder.
- Roll out the dough as thinly as possible on a floured board.
- Cut the dough into 48 circles with a glass.
- Place 1/3 tablespoon of the cheese mixture on half of the circles and cover with the remaining circles.
- Moisten the edges with a little water and press together.
- Arrange the pastries on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 375f degree oven for 15 minutes.